So here is a recipe I created to add into my competition prep. Though the diet is restrictive, I like to play around with the food choices I do have and make different combinations. I absolutely love breakfast foods and could eat them all day. I’m cutting out the oatmeal for now so I need a new breakfast option. Waffles are the perfect replacement!
So here is my recipe for low-carb zucchini waffles.
- 1 scoop of protein powder, I used Dymatize Elite XT Fudge Brownie.
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1\2 of shredded zucchini
- Cooking spray
- Shred your zucchini with a knife or in a blender
- Mix the protein powder, egg whites, coconut flour, baking powder, oil, and zucchini in a bowl. Add as much water as you need for the desired consistency.
- Turn your waffle iron on and spray. Let it heat up.
- Pour mixture onto the iron and cook until done!
- Voila! You have a tasty, low carb, high protein, healthy waffle.