If you are like me, you get bored when eating the same thing day in and day out. I must say that I have become very creative in preparing my meals lately. It is the only way to make it fun and keep myself motivated. All of these recipes are clean, low-fat, and low-calorie.
Extra Lean Ground Turkey and Green Beans:
1. Steam one bag of fresh green beans for 20-25 minutes.
3. Mix 4 ounces of meat with 2 cups of green beans.
4. Sprinkle a scant handful of pumpkin seeds over the dish. You can also add organic salsa. (Salsa is a great condiment that has very little sodium and only 10 calories!)
5. Top with reduced fat parmesan cheese.
Egg Whites and Oatmeal:
This meal is VERY filling and quick to make.
1. Take 1/2 cup of rolled oats and 1/4-1/2 cup of almond or coconut milk and heat in a saucepan.
2. Mix 4 egg whites together in a separate bowl. Add the egg whites slowly into the oatmeal and stir the entire time. Do not stop stirring until the egg whites are cooked all the way. (Consuming uncooked egg can put you at risk of getting salmonella.)
3. Place the mixture in a bowl and top with fruit or nut of your choice. (I used 1 cup of chopped apple and cinnamon). You can also sprinkle with a little protein powder for more flavor.
Chicken Salad and Brown Rice Cakes
1. Take 4 ounces of cooked chicken and mix 1-2 tablespoons of eggless, vegan, canola mayonnaise (Spectrum) into the chicken. You can also use Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt. 1-2 tablespoons as well.
2. Add celery for flavor. I also used garlic and onion powder. You can also use cilantro, pepper, cumin…basically whatever flavor you like. Just stay away from the salt.
3. OPTIONAL: Add a few almonds or walnuts.
4. Mix all ingredients together and top two organic brown rice cakes with the chicken salad.
Plain Ole Yogurt and Apple:
If you don’t have time at work to eat a full course meal, this will keep you satisfied.
1. Mix a little natural granola into a container of non-fat greek yogurt. (I used Bear Naked Banana Granola).
2. Eat with apple separately OR chop apple and add the apple to the yogurt and granola in a separate bowl.
Extra Lean Turkey Links, Eggs, and Sweet Potato Slices:
2. Scramble 5-6 egg whites and add any seasoning you like. (You can eat more egg whites than whole eggs because they are VERY LOW CALORIE AND VIRTUALLY NON FAT).
3. Sweet potatoes were prepared on a separate day and eaten with this breakfast to add carbs. They were sliced with skin-on and placed in the oven for 20-25 minutes, topped with cinnamon and ginger.