Just made this recipe today. I wanted my wonderful chocolate protein powder but did not want to just have it with water. I decided to combine my usual serving of sweet potatoes with the protein. Here is the recipe:
You will need:
-100 grams of cooked sweet potato
-2 tablespoons of coconut flour
-1-3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites
-1 scoop of protein powder
-1 tablespoon of sugar free jam
1. Take the sweet potato and mash it up in a bowl. I chose to leave the skin on.
2. Add the protein powder to the sweet potato.
3. Add the coconut flour to the bowl.
4. Add the liquid egg whites and a little bit of water.
5. Mix all ingredients together into a pudding like consistency and keep adding as much water as you need to for the mixture to be smooth.
6. Place the mixture in the microwave for 3-5 minutes.
7. Top with a tablespoon of sugar free jam.
It can be hard to get your meals in at work and it’s not always possible to sit down for 15-30 minutes to eat a full meal. Sometimes I eat my meals at my desk and fortunately I am able to step away to eat most of the time. However; today was really busy and I had to get my last snack in some way. I came up with an idea on the fly. I always strive to get a protein, carb, and fat source at each meal. I decided to combine my protein and sweet potato into a pudding. I took 50 grams of cooked sweet potato, added one scoop of protein, and a little less than 1\4 cup of coffee in a styrafoam cup. I mixed these ingredients together and it came out to be the consistency of pudding. I love pudding but the instant mixes tend to have a lot of sodium. So this was a nice way to get what I like in a healthy way….and it was fast! Here are some ideas you can try for quick meals.
-Pudding made with one scoop of protein and just enough almond milk stirred in. Great in the morning before your workout when you don’t have time to eat.
-1scoop of protein powder with 1\4 cup of dry oats. Add a little water and make a “goo.”
-Add fruit into a container of Greek yogurt. You can even add nuts for a complete meal.
-Mix cooked sweet potato in with protein powder and water and microwave for a few minutes….instant brownie!
These are just a few things I have done to make sure I sneak in a quick meal on the go. No excuses!