I have not posted in a while, frankly because I have been tired. I worked extra long hours earlier in the week and felt a little under the weather on Thursday. I ended up taking half of a sick day. I think I just needed to catch up on my rest so I did not work out today.This is flu season and I don’t want to take any chances and get sick. I know when my body is not feeling right and I PAY ATTENTION. Rephel and I got in the pool this evening (yes it was cold!). The point was to get in cold water to rejuvenate our muscles and then in the whirlpool to bring the nutrients back into our systems. So we sat in the pool for 10 minutes, got in the whirlpool for 10 minutes, and then back in the cold pool for another 10 minutes. Outside of being cold, I actually did feel better. Less sore. After all that excitement, I’m ready for a good night’s rest. 🙂 I am preparing for travel.
I am going to one of my good friend’s wedding this weekend. So because I will be traveling, I am getting my meal plan together for the road trip and time spent at someone else’s home. It is essential to prepare for situations like this because these are the times when you “fall off” your plan. When you don’t prepare or have a plan of attack, you fall off! Don’t let this happen to you! Traveling is no excuse to stuff yourself silly. Instead of taking a “wait and see” approach, pack your food just as you would everyday. Yes, everyone else will be eating big macs and pizza but just envision yourself with your ideal body while you’re eating your chicken and broccoli and sipping on your protein shake. Remember, this is an everyday thing!
This morning I woke up a little early to cook my chicken. I will be getting back home very late Sunday night after the wedding and I know I won’t have time to prepare my lunch. What I cooked this morning should be enough to leave me with food to take to work on Monday. Monday afternoon, when I get home from work, I will prepare the rest of my food for the week. It’s all about strategy! So, here is what is on my travel list:
- Sweet potato chips (I sliced the sweet potatoes very thin and baked them in the oven with the skin on. Easy and portable).
- Chicken wraps (Chopped up chicken breasts in 90 calorie Hungry Girl Whole Wheat Wraps with Flax Seed). I think I will put a little tomato paste on these for more flavor.
- Oat Fit 100 calorie oatmeal packets. (I will eat this for breakfast the morning of the wedding)
- A couple of baggies full of protein powder. ( My go-to meal when all else fails)
- Almonds ( I have to portion these in baggies, otherwise I will eat too much!)
- Apples (Quick and Easy)
- Instant Coffee (I will be tired on the drive home)
- Homemade blueberry protein muffins (I made these tonight…quick and portable).
I am also going to take my Mp3 player and running shoes. I think I will go for a run the morning of the wedding. I need some sort of activity to get my day going. It gives me more energy.
So with all my tools in place, I think I will be okay and can stick to my meal plan. Most importantly, I plan to have fun! 🙂